Encumbered Estates

Town of Dungarvan, Barony of Decies without Drum, and Co. of Waterford (Thomas Ponsonby Carew, Esq. - Owner)

RENTAL  of Dwelling-houses, Tenements and Premises on the North and south sides of Quay-street, in the Town of Dungarvan, Barony of Decies without Drum, and County of Waterford-held in Fee-Simple
 DescriptionTenants' NamesTenure.
1Garden in Quay-lane upon which a store has been erectedMr. Andrew Carbery, MerchantLeased by Thomas P. Carew Esq.  on 11 June, 1833, to this tenant for 99 years from 25 March 1833.
2Store and yard in Quay-lane described as  Malt House, Cellar, Lot of Ground and Garden, situate in Coolnepersilly, in town of DungarvanRev. Richard RylandLease  from Robert Carew to David Bellegard dated 17 Aug. 1737 for lives renewable for ever @ yearly rent of L3 10s od, late currency and @ L1 15s od of same currency on the fall of each life. Last renewal date 24 Dec. 1832 from Thomas Ponsonby Carew to Rev. Richard Ryland, for 3 lives, two of which are sons of lessee Richard and George Ryland. PLU valuation L8
3Two slated houses in Quay-laneMr. Lewis FitzmauriceLease of 16 April 1841, from Thomas P Carew to Lewis Fitzmaurice for 61 years, from 25th March then last. PLU valuation L8.
4Store in Quay-lane, Salt house nearly opposite, described in Tenants lease as House and Concerns called Weekes Holdings.Representatives of Thomas Thompson, now Mrs. Mary Kiely and Mrs. Catherine CreminLease of 7 May 1785, from Thomas Carew to Thomas Thompson, @ yearly rent of L16 late currency for 999 years from 25 March 1785. PLU valuation L35
5Dwelling House and Yard in Quay-Lanesame partiesLease of 24 January 1784, from Thomas Carew to said Thomas Thompson for 999 years from 25 March 1784 @ yearly rent of L10 late currency. PLU valuation L8
6Yard adjoining Mr. John Kiely's Dwelling-House, Small Yard to the east of Fennell's Houses and premises called the Watch-House and Magner's Old House, all in Quay-lane.Mr. Andrew Carberry, MerchantLease of 20 October 1837 from Thomas P  Carew  to Mr. Carberry for 91 years from 25 March then last. PLU valuation L8
  Premises in the Lot all lie together and partly on the South side of Quay-street and communicate directly with the Harbour of Dungarvan. With the exception of No. 5 and part of No. 4 all are, or lately were in the occupation of Mr. Andrew Carbery an extensive merchant residing in the Town. Ground rents are punctually paid.