Cemetery: Taney Churchyard Memorials

Ireland Genealogy Projects Archives
Dublin Index


File contributed by:  C. Hunt & Mary Bradley

[From H F Reynolds, Esq.]

Here lyeth the Body of Alice Reynolds who departed this life 
the 10th October, 1772 aged 31 years, to whose memory this 
stone was placed by her husband Edward Reynolds of St. 
Francis Street, Dublin.  here also are Buried two of their 
children Edward and Patrick.

	This is from a black stone 9 feet by 3 feet, which 
formerly rested on four pillars, but is now lying on the 
grass, on the top of the bank in the churchyard to south of 

'The following is from "Hoey's Dublin Mercury," of October 
13th, 1772: -
In Francis Street, the wife of Mr. Edward Reynolds, an 
eminent silk Manufacturer."

'The following from the "Dublin Journal" of March 8th, 1766:-
A few days since Mr. Edward Reynolds of Francis Street to 
Miss Anderson of Castle Street, Dublin."

			     17      +      66
This stone and ground belongs to Patrick Reynolds of Plunket 
Street, Dublin, here lyeth his mother and 4 of his children
'A flat stone, 4 ft. by 1 ft. 6 inches, to the left of No. 1

			Gloria in excelcis Deo
Here lyeth the Body of William Reynolds of Ash Street in the 
City of Dublin, who died 10th of February 1736 annus 56; 
also the Body of his Wife Joanna Reynolds alias Fagan (or 
Lagan) who Died the 5th of April 1759, annus 68; also the 
Body of their Daughters Margaret, Catherine and Honer, and 
of their son Patrick, and eight more of their children.
'Then follows a Latin inscription mostly unreadable.'

'From the "Dublin Journal," of 24th April, 1759:-
"On Wednesday morning greatly regretted Mrs. Joanna 
Reynolds, Relict of the late Mr. William Reynolds of Ash 
Street. A Woman of great Piety and extensive Charity, by 
whose Death the Poor have lost a generous Benefactor and her 
numerous acquaintances a most sincere friend."

"Mr. William Reynolds's will was dated 3rd January, 1735.  Mrs.
Joanna Reynolds's will was dated 29th December, 1757, and  Probate
granted 18th May, 1759."

Journal of the Association for the Preservation of the 
Memorials of the Dead in Ireland Vol. 6. 1904, (FHL #