Carlow County -
Ireland Genealogical Projects (IGP
House Co. Carlow
Rathmore House c.1999
Rathmore Estate c.1846
This was originally the family seat of
Joshua Paul II
but in 1777 it
was listed in the ownership of the Bunbury's
Detached seven-bay two-storey country house, built
with pedimented Doric doorcase. Extended, c.1830, on a
U-shaped plan. Renovated, c.1860. There is a detached
eight-bay stable block on site with integral carriageways.
Source: Carlow Gentry by Jimmy O'Toole
Source of images: National Archives of
Ireland from the National Inventory of Architectural Heritage (NIAH).