mid- 19th century, Tudor-gothic revival house with a five bay,
two storey façade with forward facing gables, flanking the
centre which has three dormer windows. The doorcase and windows
have simple granite dressings and the sash windows have the
original marginal glazing bars. The house is by Frederick Darley
and is deemed of architectural regional significance. The house
is situated close to the Blackstairs Mountains and the beautiful
Barrow Valley area. There is a classic herbaceous border, fruit
garden and old rose garden with water parterre. The front of the
house has extensive lawns, mature trees and a small lake fed by
local mountain streams. The reception room have original
windows, engaging stucco work and original mantelpieces. The
long hall still has original flag stones in situ.
Source of image & Text: Carlow Tourism
Killedmond Village OSi map.
Saint Peter's Church of Ireland Church, Killedmond.
three-bay single-cell Gothic Revival Church of Ireland church,
c. 1848, with granite dressings including plinth, quoins,
stringcourses and bellcote to gable. Renovated and extended, c.
1865, with chancel and vestry projection added. Renovated, c.
1990. Interior with exposed stonework, early lighting fixtures,
c. 1848, and open truss roof.
Please report any images or broken links which do not open to
- The information
contained in these pages is provided solely for the purpose of
sharing with others researching their ancestors in Ireland.
- © 2001 County Carlow
Back to the top